Bryan
PS - I've been pretty good about not cheating on the diet and on Cyrus. I did have a bowl of popcorn tonight, but I'd like to say that it's nothing in comparison to Mandy's chocolate bar! When eating lunch at work, I broke away from the diet once or twice this week and felt guilty about it... the last couple of days though, I've decided to be more hard core with it so that I can better understand how Cyrus might be feeling.
Labels: edit post
1 Response
  1. Unknown Says:

    Hello there,

    Whilst browsing for information about Crohns, I came across your site.

    We have a 13 year old daughter who was diagnosed with Crohns a year agao.

    Have you tried Curcummin (an extract of Tumeric)? It is a natural anti inflammatory and works wonders for our daughter. It may be more difficult for you because your little guys is younger and the capsules might be difficult to swallow; however, you can cook with Tumeric (very good in curries) or you can add it to crumbs (almond flour) for breaded chicken fingers. I make a mixture of almond flour, salt, pepper, mixed herbs, cumin and tumeric to bread chicken fingers. There are also juice boxes (no sugar added) with tumeric called Oasis Fruits etc Deliciously Yellow. We also use multivitamins with fish oils in and additional vitamin D. Additional vitamin D is critical (especially during winter).

    Anyway, we used the SCD diet very successfully. She is now in full clinical remmission. Don't despair. The diet does work. Sometimes it just takes a little longer. Remember, it is absolutely critical to have NO sugar. There are many wonderful sweets that are homemade with honey. I make peanut butter cups that are divine. Lolly pops and hard candies are also easy to make.

    You may want to invest in a dehydrator because its great for making beef jerky, veggie chips (salty - yum!) and your own homemade fruit leathers.

    The SCD yogurt is also an essential component of this diet. It is simple to make. We don't have a yogurt maker but make it in a pot on the stove.

    My heart goes out to you. This is so draining I know. Utterly emotionally exhausting.

    Take care


Post a Comment