Bryan
I don't like only blogging when things go badly, but it seems like we are in a serious rut. Our son is at 4.5 months on the diet, and has had two pretty awful days in a row. We're back to the intro diet, which he is losing patience with and going on a hunger strike, and are very close to going back to the Children's Hospital. Maybe a course of prednisone would help get things back on track? I know prednisone makes people feel crazy, but this flare is making us crazy. Going to the bathroom 4 to 5 times a day is one thing, but the blood/mucus is another.

We're still looking for the "bright side" of Crohn's Disease and haven't found it yet after one year. If anyone cares to share their "bright side", we're all ears!
Labels: , edit post
2 Responses
  1. Isabella Says:

    Honestly, it's taken me years to find a single "bright side," but I've finally found it. :)

    My bright side is that as a teenager I've maintained extremely close relationships with both my parents. Unlike my friends that are struggling during this time with their parents, I /know/ my parents love me.

    I /know/ my parents will do anything for me. They will go to the ends of the world and back for me. I know this because I've seen them do it. I have never once questioned their love.

    I hope one day when your son realizes what you are doing for him, he will tell you the same thing. He's lucky to have you as his parents.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    So you've been on it for 4.5 months and he had a flare. Don't lose hope. The book and other websites on SCD specifically talk about the "3 month flare" or whatever.

    And don't take prednisone ever. It's a poison.
    I think you're on the right track...


Post a Comment