Bryan
One quick note about the Absorb Plus EN product we've been trying.  Of any food/supplement we've ever given our son, I've never seen anything move from one end to the other more quickly than the chocolate Absorb Plus.  Literally, within 5 minutes of drinking the shake he declares: "I have to go poopy!".  It's amazing, and worth noting if constipation is ever a problem.

When we tried (vanilla) EleCare a month ago, we didn't observe this *problem*.  The bad news is that EleCare is way more expensive than the Absorb Plus, and Absorb Plus ships from about an hour north of our house (~ 1 day delivery).  The good news is that I've seen EleCare on Ebay at a reduced price, just in case our insurance company chooses to be a typical insurance company and deny coverage.
5 Responses
  1. Mandy Says:

    Mixed Berry moved through him the same way today at lunchtime.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    good luck with the enteral nutrition. My son tried to drink every flavor and type formula out there, but they made him even sicker. We were on the scd befor going to nightly enteral nutrition through an ng tube. Sounds horrible and was difficult the first couple of times we did it. He is doing fantastic now and is gaining weight and all bloodwork is back to normal all without the side effects of remicade. By the way enteral therapy is covered by insurance if it is done through ng tube.


  3. Roger Says:

    Have you tested for SIBO?

    I found thsi website to be useful in understanding SIBO

    www.siboibs.org


  4. jamie Says:

    It just occurred to me, and I know this is a very late post.. but perhaps adding oil such as coconut or flax oil to the absorb plus drink would help it stay in the system longer, as fats tend to do this. Worth a try I think...


  5. Anonymous Says:

    hey!! the person who came up with the formula of absorb plus (jini) recommended that if you have diarrhea, you could try dry curd (which is the same thing as cottage cheese but drain away the liquidy milky portion). You should take a look at her website whenever you get a chance. I bought her book about 3 years ago when I was diagnosed with Chrons. It looks like she has been testing all kinds of things and has come up with some pretty incredible things that are natural that help heal chrons. her website is http://www.listen2yourgut.com/ (before you try the dry curd, you might want to try giving your child just a sip every 5 or 10 minutes. don't give too much at once. And also, you might want to consider that the child might not have pooped the shake that you gave him 5 minutes prior. That poop could have been from a previous meal. So don't forget that!!! :-) Also, just so you know, very ripe bananas have helped me a tremendous amount!!! And just don't give the child too much oil at once! start the child of slowly so they can digest a little, and then a little more at a time. :-) :-)


Post a Comment