Bryan
I also wanted to say that we've re-introduced an old SCD favorite back into our son's diet: homemade yogurt... which is so good that both of our other non-CD kids prefer it to store-bought as well! Our son loves it -- I have a batch going right now.

Otherwise, our son will (can) eat most any other type of food. We tend to stay away from anything tomato-based (acid reflux), apples (diarrhea), milk, and anything really sweet or chocolatey. Fruits and vegetables seem to be our biggest problem area... which may be true for many other little kids as well. He does very well with meat, bread, and cheese. Favorite dessert might be a non-dairy raspberry sorbet made by a local ice cream shop!
Labels: edit post
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    I have found that I need to take anti-gas enzymes with most vegetables: for example, with broccoli, I take one pill per 2 oz of vegetable. I also have fructose malabsorbtion which causes cramping and gas but adding glucose, also called dextrose or corn sugar, to foods with more fructose than glucose allows absorption and proper digestion of the fructose. Tomatoes and some other fruits and veggies have significant sucrose which can also cause cramping and gas. I found Invertase from LorAnn oils which breaks down sucrose, but it is strong enough that one drop converts a pound of sugar. I diluted it so that one drop of the diluted solution converts 9 grams of sucrose. Apples have lots of fructose and sucrose. I hope that this information can help you get more of a variety of foods that your son can eat.
    You can find information on the sugars in vegetables on Nutritiondata.com and other websites.


Post a Comment