One of the things we're battling over the last few days (and since CD diagnosis) is acid reflux. The last two dinners we had pork chops marinated in Italian dressing and some cantaloupe on the side. One of these two culprits has been causing our son to make the "tennis ball in the throat" swallowing noise. Acid reflux is one of those things that we might be able to prevent just by eating the rights foods... but I know how uncomfortable it can be and I feel bad for the little guy when he gets it. Since acid reflux appear to be a high risk factor of esophageal cancer, I want to minimize these episodes as much as possible!
Back when the docs at the Children's Hospital put our son on prednisone, they also prescribed him an acid reflux medication. Since we were mostly focused on getting his gut well, I don't recall if the acid reflux medication worked well... but maybe it would be something to consider in the future if acid reflux continues to be an issue.
Back when the docs at the Children's Hospital put our son on prednisone, they also prescribed him an acid reflux medication. Since we were mostly focused on getting his gut well, I don't recall if the acid reflux medication worked well... but maybe it would be something to consider in the future if acid reflux continues to be an issue.

Bryan forgets that the acid reflux medication (Prevacid) caused other side effects that were not good! Our son, at the young age of 3, would tell us his tongue felt funny and he continually would stick his fingers in his mouth in hopes that the feeling would go away. Not for the pharmaceuticals; we will try to avoid them at all costs! Enteral nutrition has been a blessing!
Hi - I just found your site (kind of wished I found it long ago but anyway). I have a 4&1/2 yr old, diagnosed with UC at age 2&1/2, colectomy in the Fall 2011 and very unfortunately rediagnosed with Crohn's a couple weeks ago. We are 2 wks into enteral nutrition. If you are open to it I would love to exchange emails (privately) and correspond. As well I helped start a parent support group on FaceBook (Parents of kids with IBD), if you are interested in joining.
Hi Anonymous, feel free to email us at comstock.bryan@gmail.com -- we'd love to share experiences with CD and enteral nutrition. Things are still going fantastically well for us... hang in there with it!
I would love to j oin the support group